Audiobook Review: Shameless by Tori Carrington

Shameless
By Tori Carrington

 Stand Alone Novel
Genre: Adult, Contemporary Romance
Publisher: Harlequin Blaze   
Narrated by: Savannah Richards

Goodreads Summary:

An indecent proposal. A friendship betrayed. One-night only anonymous sex with a stranger? Seems too wanton even for Nina Leonard. Until it’s insinuated that the mystery man might be one of her business partners—two guys she adores who also happen to be complete hotties.

Out comes the blindfold, and Nina has the steamiest night of her life. Now she’s got to have more—only, no one’s fessing up.

One of her two best friends rocked her world that night. But which one was it?

If she guesses wrong, she could lose them both...
 
Links:
 
Shameless on Goodreads, AmazonAudible, and Barnes & Noble
Tori Carrington's Website

My Thoughts:

Honestly, I listened to this out of sheer curiosity. I’m still pretty new to the world of audiobooks and I was wondering how sex scenes would be when read aloud. Don’t judge, it’s human nature to be curious…or at least that’s what I’m telling myself ;-P.

Anyway I decided to go with Shameless because it’s a lot shorter than most audiobooks but it surprised me by being a really good book. I was quickly caught up with the three main characters, their business (hello, a bookstore <3), and their ‘proposition’. I laughed with them and even yelled at them. I fit in listening to Shameless every second I could…while driving, eating, walking from my car to a meeting, I couldn’t get enough. But back to the sex via audiobook topic, surprisingly I wasn’t skeeved out while listening. Of course these scenes were fairly tame so maybe I will change my tune if I come across a more risqué book but as of now it doesn’t bother me.

Aaaand on to a nitpick...

I don’t know if it’s something common to Harlequin audiobooks but the music at the beginning…I just cannot even begin to explain the level of corny! Haha. Aside from that it was also annoying as     h e-double hockey sticks because the music played over some of the words making it difficult to follow along. That and the British accent of one of the characters are my only complaints about the audiobook itself.

One more thing that I wanted to mention, there is a slightly rough sex scene in this book. It’s fairly short but it was my least favorite part of the book. I wanted to bring it up because if that’s a big turn off for you then you may want to avoid the book.

Overall Rating: 4 out of 5

No comments

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you and will try to respond to comments as much as possible.