Shelf Candy Saturday (36): Fire Frost by Olivia Rivers

Shelf Candy Saturday is hosted by A Night's Dream of Books.


Fire Frost
by Olivia Rivers

“Magic is just like love, Allai. It won’t wait for permission before it destroys you.”

Like sand in an hourglass, Allai’s future is dwindling away. She’s spent her entire life fighting the Mages who threaten humanity, and dreams of someday eradicating magic. But all it takes is an anonymousphonecall for the truth to spill out: Allai is the one thing she despises most.

She’s a Mage.

Though ancient law mandates Allai’s death, she still has one last chance of survival.His name is Drake Rhaize, and he swears he can lead Allai to a sanctuary for Mages. Allai hasn’t seen Drake in years, but she remembers him as the Demon boy who used to hold her closeand softly whisper that he’d keep her safe. But Drake has changed since then: He’s now suspected of murder, and has been out-casted for betraying his own kind.

While Allai doesn’t trust Drake, she has no choice but to put her life in his hands and hope he can get her to safety. Because Allai’s father has hired a pack ofDemons tobring her back to him, dead or alive–and Demons never stop the hunt.

"Frost Fire" is a YA Paranormal Romance intended for ages 14+.

Frost Fire is a “Good Reads and Good Deeds” book. All net proceeds for Frost Fire go toward the Dysautonomia Youth Network of America, a charity that supports youth with medical conditions affecting the nervous system.



Author's Website
Author on Goodreads


My Thoughts: Wow! This cover just popped out at me. I love how the red in the wings stands out against the background. Other than the cover and summary I think the fact that the author is a high school student and is giving the proceeds from the purchases to charity, is an amazing reason to buy this book.



2 comments

  1. Hi, Wendy!

    OMG!!! What a GORGEOUS cover!! Those wings, the architecture....even the font used for the title -- everything just goes together PERFECTLY!! I'd love to just dive into this book right away!! Alas, it's an ebook... When I went to Amazon to check it out, I was SO disappointed...I don't like ebooks at all. I LOVE printed books, and that will NEVER change! I wonder if the author of this one would consider publishing it in print, with this very same cover... I think I'll try to contact her and ask, because I really want to read this book!!

    Thanks for sharing this STUNNING cover, and for participating in Shelf Candy Saturday!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really late commenting on this Wendy, but this is a great pick! I love the coloring and the sharpness of the wings...they're not the normal type of wings you see on covers. I also like the overall coloring of the cover. And hottie standing in the archway is also a nice effect.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you and will try to respond to comments as much as possible.