Shelf Candy Saturday (29): The Ward by Jordana Frankel


Shelf Candy Saturday is hosted by A Night's Dream of Books.





The Ward

By Jordana Frankel

Sixteen-year-old Ren is a daredevil mobile racer who will risk everything to survive in the Ward, what remains of a water-logged Manhattan. To save her sister, who is suffering from a deadly illness thought to be caused by years of pollution, Ren accepts a secret mission from the government: to search for a freshwater source in the Ward, with the hope of it leading to a cure.

However, she never expects that her search will lead to dangerous encounters with a passionate young scientist; a web of deceit and lies; and an earth-shattering mystery that's lurking deep beneath the water's rippling surface.


The Ward on Goodreads
The Ward on Barnes & Noble, Amazon
Jordana Frankel's Website
Jordana Frankel on Twitter, Facebook


I saw the cover and description and thought 'yes, please', it sounds awesome. Unfortunately we have a few months to wait for this one, the expected release date is the end of April, 2013. 

I think I love this cover so much because it reminds me of one of my favorite movies, Day After Tomorrow. What's the world going to look like after some crazy event? Who knows, maybe the Manhattan aka the Ward really could be the new Niagara?


5 comments

  1. Hi, Jen!

    WOW. This is a seriously freaky cover! Amazing!! Those skyscrapers at the very edge of Niagara Falls look SOOOOO CRREEEEPY!! I LOVE the effect! This is a GREAT choice! Thanks for sharing!! : )

    P.S. There was a problem with the Linky widget, which I've already fixed. Hope you come back to my post to link up! Thanks!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! Day after Tomorrow was an awesome movie too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks awesome! I wanted to read it as soon as I saw the cover. Thanks for sharing this, I added it to my to-read list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool cover! I also like the girl in the "A".
    I loved the movie "Day After Tomorrow"!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, it's a nice touch. So is the building being a part of the 'D'

      Delete

I love hearing from you and will try to respond to comments as much as possible.