Wrecker by Dave Conifer

Goodreads Summary:

Jane Havelock is coping a day at a time in a bad marriage when her husband Steve hires simple-minded handyman Rob Manteo to work around the house. After overcoming her initial revulsion, Jane finds shelter in a growing friendship with Manteo, an enigma who seems to know more than he lets on. Struck by his unstable and morose nature, she digs into his past. But by the time she uncovers a horrible secret and realizes that it wasn't chance that brought Manteo into their world, it may be too late...

My Review:

This is one of those books you want to read in one sitting because you know something good is right around the corner. I, unfortunately, wasn't able to do that. I read half during my read-a-thon but I had to fit in the second half where I could. I was even tempted to read at red lights (I managed to resist though) because the action had started and it was so hard to put down!

Overall, it wasn't quite as much of a thriller as I expected but the story was interesting and unique enough that it didn't matter.

No comments

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you and will try to respond to comments as much as possible.